Appalachian Ohio, Athens GA, Atlanta, Baltimore, Chicago, Cleveland, Columbia MO, Columbus, Denver, Des Moines, Durham & Chapel Hill, East Lansing, Fredericksburgh VA, Houston, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Lubbock TX, Manhattan KS, Muncie IN, New Orleans, New York City, NYU, Pittsburgh, Plattsburgh, Richmond VA, San Fernando Valley, San Francisco, SUNY Oneonta, Tucson, Twin Cities
Since launching our Good Night Out campaign nearly three weeks ago, it’s been pretty non stop here! So we thought we’d fill you in on what we’ve been up to, as well as what we’ve got coming up.
• Lots of interviews! Head over to our press page where we’re adding all the press coverage we’ve had for the campaign.
• We were interviewed by Dan Damon for BBC World Service’s World Update show today, which will air tomorrow morning 27/3 at 10am, and we’ll be on Reprezent Radio tomorrow at 8pm talking about the campaign.
• This week we’re contributing to some research called ‘How can nonviolent grassroots networks transform insecurity?’ being carried out by Bristol University’s Global Insecurities Centre. Read more on that here.
• Last week we attended a Dalston PubWatch meeting where we spoke about Good Night Out and are working with a handful more signatories-keep an eye on the Good Night Out page to see the list grow!
• We’ve been contacted by a number of activists across the UK and Ireland keen to roll out Good Night Out in their cities, and we’re working with them to make this happen!
• We took part in Wowzers Fest at LSE, a feminist-run weekend of workshops in honour of International Women’s Day. We facilitated a great workshop on street harassment and focussed on what we can do as bystanders to look out for each other.
• Next week we’re being interviewed by Hackney Wick’s WI for East London Radio and doing a staff briefing for a new London venue called Shapes.
• We’ve taken on a couple of extra pairs of hands and are now working with two absolutely wonderful volunteers, Rebecca and Hannah who we’ll introduce you to very soon!
Are we tired? Nope! Next week March 30th-April 5th is International Anti Street Harassment Week and to celebrate, with support from The End Violence Against Women Coalition we’ve teamed up with Rape Crisis South London for a week long photo project! We’re calling it London Landmarks against Street Harassment, and it’s super easy to get involved! Using the hashtag #londonloves take a photo of your favourite hollaback or message of support, in front of your favourite London landmark. Scrawl it on a bit of paper, type it on your phone, write it on your forehead-whatever! And upload it on the site, on the Facebook event here or Tweet or Instagram it to us @hollabackldn We’ll then send them over to the folks behind Meet Us On The Streets, and they’ll share it on the main site. See the pic below for inspiration, and don’t forget to tell all your friends!
Author comments are in a darker gray color for you to easily identify the posts author in the comments