An AMAZING lineup at CLEAR LINES Festival next week, make sure you head down. It’s free!
Clear Lines Festival brings together comedians, performers, journalists, writers, visual artists, cartoonists, psychologists, activists, therapists, and the public in a vibrant, very human exploration of themes around sexual abuse, sexual violence, and consent.
Festival highlights include:
• Activists from Southall Black Sisters, Femme Fierce and the #thisdoesntmeanyes campaign discussing the use of creativity in challenging sexual violence
• Journalists from the BBC and Telegraph debating media coverage of sexual assault, and how reporting can be improved
• Screenings of the BAFTA-nominated ‘The Unspeakable Crime: Rape’ and Emmy-nominated documentary ‘Brave Miss World’, followed by director Q&As
• A stellar line-up of comedians poking fun at some of our cultural attitudes about rape and sexuality, including Josie-Long, Sarah Kendall and Tiff Stevenson
• Discussion of revenge porn and online harassment by experts from the international law firm McAllister Olivarius
It’s the UK’s first-ever festival of this kind, and we have an ambitious and exciting programme. Everyone is welcome to attend. Most events are free but booking is required as space is limited.